Jeff's Bike and random bike related stuff from NZ

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Wellington Centre Track Champs Feb 06

It was a fun weekend. I am still recovering actually. The first night was rained out with thunder and lightning so they shoe-horned the rest of the events into the next 2 days. I did the 8km points race, the 500m TT, the 3000m Inividual pursuit and the 5km scratch race - all Vet 2 (45+). I also ended up doing the open 20km points race.... a bit harder than racing at Vets level, but I managed to stay on the same lap anyway.
http://www.pnp.org.nz/results/track/index.html?item=66
What did I learn? if you cant sprint with the best, (Malcom and Steve are pretty damn good) then go early! I also learnt that my gearing at the Track nats must have been waaaay out, cos I was only 1 second slower on the bumpy Wellington track for the 3000 metres (4.05). Thats 44km/h which doesnt sound that fast eh? I mean what does Sarah Ulmer do? 3.24 @ 52.93 kmh!!! Crikey!
Posted by Picasa

Me after the open 20km points race!
Share:

0 Comments:

Search

Loading

Donate!

If you thought any of this content was in any way useful, enlightening, or even mild interesting, feel free to buy me a coffee!


Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Labels

Featured Post

Tour Te Waipounamu race report

The Tour Te Waipounamu bikepacking race was held in Aotearoa New Zealand, starting on February 14th 2021, it covered 1300 kilometres of rugg...

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

.

Tags

t

Buy me a coffee!

If you thought any of this content was in any way useful, enlightening, or even mild interesting, feel free to buy me a coffee!


Popular last 30 days

Popular all time

Labels

Blog Archive

BTemplates.com